ABC has officially announced the new cast of Dancing With the Stars, which premieres March 19 with a 2 hour show. The contenders are:
"Dancing with the Stars" premieres at 8 p.m. ET Monday, March 19.
- Laila Ali. Ali is the youngest daughter of boxing legend Muhammad Ali. She is an undefeated world champion boxer. Her partner is Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
- Billy Ray Cyrus. Cyrus, best known for his hit country song "Achy Breaky Heart," is currently starring on Disney Channel's hit show Hannah Montana. His partner is Karina Smirnoff.
- Clyde Drexler. An NBA great and member of the 1992 US Olympic Dream Team, Drexler partners with Elena Grinenko.
- Joey Fatone. Fatone has come a long way from his days as a member of 'NSync! He has starred in Hollywood movies and Broadway musicals. His partner is Kym Johnson.
- Shandi Finnessy. 2004's Miss USA, Finnessey is more than just a pretty face! She authored a children's book on disabilities and hosts two game shows on the Game Show Network. Her partner is Brian Fortuna.
- Leeza Gibbons. Gibbons is well known as the former host of Entertainment Tonight, Extra, and her daytime talk show Leeza. She now hosts Hollywood Confidential, a nationally syndicated radio show. She is fortunate to partner this season with Fred Astaire champion and instructor, Tony Dovolani.
- Heather Mills. Although Mills is best known for her marriage to Paul McCartney, she is also UN Goodwill Ambassador and activist for Adopt-A-Minefield. Partnering with Jonathan Roberts, she is the first contestant to compete with an artificial limb.
- Apolo Anton Ohno. Olympic speed skater, Ohno partners with Julianne Hough.
- Vincent Pastore. Best known for his role as a mobster in HBO's hit show The Sopranos, Pastore teams with Edyta Sliwinska for this season.
- Paulina Porizkova. Supermodel extraordinaire, Porizkova partners with Season One champion, Alec Mazo.
- Ian Ziering. Who doesn't remember "Steve Sanders" on Beverly Hills 90210? That was actor Ian Ziering who will partner with Season Two and Three champion, Cheryl Burke.