Why not host a movie marathon that will inspire your guests to get up and dance? Here's a list of our top ballroom dance movies:
5. Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing and Charm School (2005) - This charming, star-studded movie (including Marisa Tomei, John Goodman, Mary Steenburgen and Danny Devito) unfolds when grieving widow Frank, fulfills a dying man's wish and attends a ballroom dance class where he was supposed to reunite with an old long, lost love.
4. Mad Hot Ballroom (2005) - Mad Hot Ballroom is an inspiring documentary about a ballroom dance program for fifth graders in the New York City Public School system. Told from the students' perspective, this enlightening film culminates with the children participating at the statewide competition.
3. Shall We Dance (1996) - A successful but unhappy Japanese business man finds passion and a meaningful existence through ballroom dance.
2. Strictly Ballroom (1992) - This wonderfully colorful Australian romantic comedy beckons you to follow your heart and be true to yourself.
1. The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle (1939) - This American biographical musical comedy follows the lives of Vernon and Irene Castle who rose to the heights of ballroom dance stardom during the pre-world war one days and stars none other than Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
What are your favorite dance-themed movies? Post them here. We'd love to hear from you.