Monday, March 07, 2011

DWTS Celebrities Prepare for Showdown on the Dance Floor

As Season 12 of Dancing with the Stars gets ready to kick off this March 21, celebrity contestants are prepping their moves and hoping that what they’ve got will be enough to take home the much-coveted Mirror Ball Trophy.

Contestant and former Playboy model Kendra Wilkinson was quoted as saying she’s really just a freestyler and that other contestants such as Sugar Ray Leonard, Chris Jericho and Ralph Macchio might have an edge on her because "they’ve done choreography before."

From the entertainment website Gather, blogger Matt Clark quotes Kendra: "I'm all about freestyle and shaking my butt! That's all I got! And I think Kirstie Alley wins the popularity vote; she has the most fans, I think."

Meanwhile, contestant Sugar Ray Leonard says he’s "in it to win it, baby!" and BleacherReport.com has their own "Ten Reasons He’ll Succeed" list posted on their website:
10.) He had to deal with Don King
9.) He knows how to deal with adversity
8.) TV cameras love him
7.) He knows a thing or two about footwork
6.) He gives a great interview
5.) It’s just another comeback for him’
4.) He’s a reality TV veteran (hosted The Contender)
3.) He looks the part (whatever that means)
2.) He’s got the competitive edge
1.) He could make boxing look graceful

Outside of the boxing ring, actress Kirstie Alley says she’s probably been asked to appear on DWTS "every year" before finally agreeing to go on for Season 12. She told Zap2it.com she changed her mind this year because, "It's sort of like a guy who keeps asking you out on a date. You say, 'No, no, no, no,' but then you think, 'He's so tenacious. All right, OK…."

As far as her first rehearsal went, Kirstie admitted to being unprepared for the workout: "I literally thought I was going to die," she told Zap2it. "I was dehydrated. You've got to drink a lot of water."

1 comment:

Elita said...

I use to write for over one year articles about encouraging everyone to ballroom dance on your site monthly. You can go on the archives from your place and see my wonderful and inspiring articles. Then one day, I critiqued Dancing With The Stars and your at that time Catherine Brill did not like my thoughts.

So I discontinued writing for you. It really was Fred's loss because every article I wrote for over a year and monthly truly got lots of comments and many people started to take lessons everywhere because of my encouragement and inspirations.

I still do on many other blogs and websites and wonder since Catherine is no longer there and used poor judgement to eliminate my stories; if you would be interested again in my remarkable and desire encouraging stories.

You can email me at
elitajerrydancing@verizon.net


Elit Sohmer Clayman