Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Shocking Elimination!!!



from abcnews.com:

It was the biggest shocker of the season so far.

Audrina Patridge, who entered the limelight via the MTV reality show, "The Hills," was voted off "Dancing With the Stars" last night despite scoring a combined 32 from the three judges, the second-highest total of the show's sixth week.

"We were baffled Monday night after what the judges said. I still don't understand. I'm really sad to be off the show," Patridge said on "Good Morning America."

Throughout the competition, the judges consistently gave Patridge high marks for her dancing, but sometimes said her performances lacked character.

"I just know that I had so much fun, this entire experience," she said upon learning her fate. "I felt like I was really pushing it and trying to give more character, but I guess I couldn't tap into that."

During rehearsal, Patridge's professional partner Tony Dovolani took her to train in mixed martial arts to get her to be more aggressive and passionate. On "GMA" Dovolani rebuffed the judges' critique that Patridge was not intense enough.

"She brought the intensity. She really performed well for me," he said. "I honestly thought we had a really good shot to be there in the finals...We invested so much emotions and worked so hard to get to this spot."

Over the six weeks of the competition, Patridge said she developed a passion for dancing she never knew she had.

"I'm going to keep dancing. And Tony said he will teach me when he's in town," she said.

After 10 seasons on the show, Dovolani said Patridge was a refreshing partner.

"Being paired up with Audrina was like a breath of fresh air," he said. "We had a blast through the entire process. We left with a smile on our face."

In last night's elimination, it came down to two couples who have consistently ranked at the top of the leaderboard: Patridge and Dovolani and Jennifer Grey and her partner Derek Hough. Judge Len Goodman said it was "absolute nonsense" that those two couples were in jeopardy.

"I know America is attached to the underdog, but you got to give credit to where credit is due...to the people who are putting in the work," Dovolani said. "I pick Brandy, I pick Jennifer. Brandy has been consistently great, so has Jennifer. I was hoping we were the third couple that would be in the mix, but we are not."

No comments: