Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Dance Show to Air in June 2009

The "Biggest Loser" meets "Dancing With The Stars" with the Oxygen channel's new reality-TV show, "Dance Your Ass Off."

Former Dancing With The Stars competitior Marissa Jaret Winokur will host this first-ever dance and weight-loss competition series that combines the best of both reality genres. Contestants will diet and dance to "discover their inner thin." Each week contestants will be judged by their ability to perform a dance routine combined with the weight loss they have achieved for that week. The contestants will be challenged with mastering a variety of dance styles from hip-hop to ballroom and cabaret, and will be partnered with professional dancers who will help each contestant reach their highest dancing potential.

"I am thrilled to be the host of 'Dance Your Ass Off!,'" said Winokur. "I had the time of my life learning how to ballroom dance for 'Dancing with the Stars,' and getting in shape was just an amazing extra bonus. I'm really excited to help others do the same thing. I know what the contestants will go through on so many levels, I am sure we will inspire each other!"

No comments: