Thursday, November 08, 2007

Last dance for Jane Seymour

Jane Seymour, 56, was eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” on Tuesday, putting an end to a run on the show that included two absences (one due to the death of her mother) and an in-house battle over what constitutes a lift.

Seymour said her success on the show was due to her partner and teacher, Tony Dovolani.

"He's a terrific teacher and it meant a great deal. He really worked me hard. I think a lot of people saw that. But I had a wonderful time," she said on Good Morning America after the elimination.

"I mean this was just an extraordinary gift," said Seymour. "First of all, no woman my age - or remotely my age - has ever done it. Secondly, I don't think anyone, including myself, expected to get through more than the first dance, and I did nine dances."

She told Good Morning America that her stint on the show also re-ignited a love she had forgotten.

"I now know that I have a passion for dance - that dance is in my soul. And that I cannot live without dance for the rest of my life," Seymour said. "I wanted to be a dancer when I was a little girl and I have not danced at all since I was 16 years old. And now I realize that I need to dance."

No comments: